- Author: MenuSano Team
- Published: 4/23/2018 3:24:01 PM
A balanced and nutritious diet is the best way to stay fit and maintain a good quality of health. This is the key to prevent chronic disease conditions and support the immunity. In 2016, HHS and USDA provided detail Dietary guidelines 2015-2020 for Americans to achieve balanced nutritious diet. The Americans are keen to explore the best of the nutrition value from their diet which they named it as Standard American Diet (SAD). They have actually improved the quality of their diet which can be observed through a study published in JAMA. The study showed a lateral shift in the diet pattern from 1999 to 2012 through a survey to determine an average diet in last 24 hours. A significant improvement in dietary habit has been found over that time span.
Whereas, in Canada on the other hand, the government, consumers, and industries have equally shared the responsibility among themselves to improve the dietary habit and maintain the safety of food supply. 'Eat Well' is the flagship program promoted by Canada's food guide which emphasis upon:
- To get an adequate supply of vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients
- To minimize the risk of chronic disease states like obesity, diabetes type-2, cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis and specific types of cancer
- To develop and maintain overall health status and vitality.
The objective of eating well plate is to increase the amount of fruits and vegetables in the plates followed by grain products and other nutritious food. The government of Canada encourages to plan a good diet for the citizen.
With the advent of 2018, the dietary plan should be more thoughtful and must be identified as per the food value each component in the plate delivers. The everyday food can be broadly categorized into five groups:
- Seasonal fruits
- Fresh vegetables and beans (legumes)
- Nutrition rich cereals and grains
- Careful selection of low-fat lean meat, freshwater fish, poultry, eggs, tofu, nuts, seeds
- Milk, cheese, yogurt or any other equivalent alternatives
The selection of food items from each group will further rely on the following factors like age group, physical condition, any underlying illness, pregnancy, and breastfeeding, etc. Another most important factor to be considered in choosing a nutritious diet is its cost. The Thrifty Food Plan (TFP) is a healthy low-cost diet model, is already in effect by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) in their food plan. The 2018 diet plan should follow all the factors to achieve balanced nutritious diet.
According to 'Eating Well with Canada's Food Guide', 50 percent of the plate fruits and vegetables, 30 percent grain products, and 20 percent meat and alternatives along with this main course, side dish should have some milk and alternatives, water. It is also preferred less oily and fatty food staff in the dish.
7 ways to achieve balanced nutritious diet
Here we are discussing 7 interchangeable diet plan for 7 days in a week.
1st Diet plan
- Shake can be a good breakfast option. Take half cup of fresh or canned fruit juice, half cup cut fruits (banana and/or berries) and blend with plain yoghurt and 1 tablespoonful of skimmed milk powder.
- In lunch take whole grain pasta prepared with corns, colorful capsicums prepared in fresh tomato puree and olive oil. Inside dish, a glass of cold soy beverage and seasonal fruit bowl is always refreshing.
- In snacks, you can take some grilled fish item with a cup of ice tea prepared with sufficient amount of green tea, mint, and lemon.
- Dinner should be always light and take some vermicelli prepared with shallow fried seeds and vegetables and finish it with half cup of skim milk.
2nd Diet Plan
- Oatmeal is a quickly prepared dish and taste of the dish is enhanced when serving it hot. Freshly prepared oats added with wheat germ and nuts. To enhance the flavor add some natural flavoring agent like cinnamon powder. Serve it with low fat milk and cut fruits.
- In lunch, take a whole bread wrap prepared with grilled vegetables and goat cheese. Enjoy it with cold fruit-flavored yogurt.
- In snacks, shallow fried chicken strips, carrot slices prepared in low flame hit. This can become hot and sweet by adding some red peppers and one teaspoon of honey.
- At dinner take a bowl of vegetable soup and a small bowl of stir-fried brown rice mix it with kidney beans, tomato, ginger, onion, and garlic to make it spicy. Finish the dish with glass of soya beverage.
3rd Diet Plan
- In breakfast whole wheat tortilla roll up with scrambled egg, green pepper, grated cheese and hot sauce. Take a glass of mixed fruit juice.
- In lunch, take a whole wheat pita bread dipped this in hummus. Take a bowl of green salad which can be dressed with olive oil and vinegar.
- In snakes a piece of homemade oatmeal muffin and a glass of lime juice.
- At dinner take a bowl of tomato soup and a small bowl of soba noodles prepared with stir-fried vegetables.
4th Diet Plan
- In breakfast, take barley with warm skim milk add some nuts, resins and honey to enhance taste. Take a bowl of cut watermelon and papaya.
- In lunch, take mix brown rice and with tuna fish item and a bowl of mixed salad.
- In snakes, take a fat extracted lean beef stripes, baked carrot and beans with a small cup of fortified soy beverage.
- At dinner take a bowl of lentil soup and a whole grain bagel with a slice of cheese.
5th Diet Plan
- In breakfast, take bowl of mixed fruit salad prepared with probiotic yoghurt and a pancake prepared with oats. Drink a glass of soy beverage.
- In lunch, take whole grain couscous prepared with lentils, tomato sauce, curry paste.
- In snakes, take a omelet prepared with two eggs, add some green onions, grated boiled potato and peas to enhance the taste and nutrition value.
- At dinner, enjoy a small bowl of noodles with vegetable curry. Take yoghurt at the end
6th Diet Plan
- In breakfast, take noodles prepared with vegetable stock and serve this with and stir-fried tofu and hot salsa. Drink a glass of tomato juice.
- In lunch take a salad prepared with quinoa, bulgur, and kamut and prepare a wrap whole grain tortilla.
- In snakes, take a sandwich made up with whole grain bread and peanut butter.
- At the dinner take a slice of raisin bread and a glass of soy beverage.
7th Diet Plan
- In breakfast, take baked beans with two slice of whole grain bread toast and use mayonnaise spread. Take a bowl of fruits salad.
- In lunch, take stir-fried salmon and serve this with buckwheat made bread. Drink a glass of vegetable juice.
- In snakes, take a quesadillas made up with whole grain pita and cottage cheese.
- At the dinner take a homemade wheat bran bread with a glass of milk and baked beans.
In general, it always preferred to reduce salt and sugar intake and restrict the use of cream cheese, sour cream, ice cream, coffee cream or whipping cream from the dietary preparation. High salt and intake can cause chronic noncontagious health issues including cardiac problems, diabetes etc, whereas cream has high-fat content, which is one of the primary reason for obesity and related complications.
We have always heard that health is wealth. From Government recommendations to personal trainers, we all agree that personal health investment is probably the most important activity in our life to live a healthy and long life. The first step to a balanced and healthy lifestyle is a diet plan with nutritious food. We know that it can be hard to follow above recommendations in today's busy lifestyle. However. we can make it happen if we have the will and little technology intervention. MenuSano is one such nutrition analysis, calories counter and diet planning tool. Try our web app for free for 7 days and see the difference. MenuSano is designed to meet the nutrition value, diet planning, and calories counting requirement for trainers, individuals, healthcare service providers and patients willing to take responsibility for their own a healthy diet planning. Contact us today or sign up for 7 days free trial.