What does MenuSano offer?
MenuSano offers the ability to calculate the nutritional value of meals and recipe costing. This nutritional analysis tool is also packed with a whole set of additional benefits:
1. Creating Recipes
- Instantly view nutritional data for your recipe provided by the Canadian Nutrient File, USDA, and Public Health England's McCance and Widdowson’s The Composition of Foods Integrated Dataset
- Obtain nutrition information based on Serving Size
- Organize recipes by creating Categories
- Make adjustments to your recipes easily (add, edit or delete recipes)
- Add your ingredients to a recipe
- Artificial Intelligence integrated into your search. MenuSano learns your search patterns and ensures that the items you are looking for appear at the top of the search results
2. Creating Dishes
- Provide a description of the Dish
- Categorize Dishes in a Section (ie. Starters, Mains, etc.)
- Combine recipes to make unlimited Dishes
- Calculate the nutritional facts by combining multiple recipes into a Dish.
3. Nutrition Fact Labels
- Various nutrition facts templates to choose from, compliant with the FDA, Health Canada, and UK Government
- Download and print out the Nutritional Facts Label, available in high-resolution format (300dpi)
- Dietary Statements
- Allergen Statements
- Ingredients List
- Cannabis Edibles Nutrition Labels
- Keto Nutrition Labels
4. Additional Nutrition Analysis Features
- Unlimited access anywhere and anytime to your account.
- Analyze and securely store recipes and dishes.
- Sophisticated Recipe Library that utilizes an array of storage tools such as:
- Food categories
- Recipe descriptions
- Custom ingredient options
5. Recipe Costing Features
- Calculate Costs per Recipe & Cost per Yield
- Track Ingredient Costs & Suppliers
- Experiment & Compare Recipe Costs to Maximize ROI
How should I use MenuSano's data?
You can use this data to aid you in various ways. You can post it on your website, print out the MenuSano Menu, place it on your menu boards, and include it on your existing menu.
Is it difficult to learn how to use MenuSano?
MenuSano was built by a team that has been involved in the restaurant industry. Ease of use was amongst the top objectives in building MenuSano. The web screens are tested and designed with input and guidance from restaurant owners so that the entire experience is easy to learn.
How does MenuSano Round data and Calculate DV%?
MenuSano creates nutrition labels parallel to the Canadian Food Inspection Agency and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
How secure is MenuSano?
MenuSano has been designed by an expert development team developing applications for 25 years. The software has been secured for your protection and any ingredients or recipes that you may add remain only in your account. MenuSano does not store credit card information.
How does MenuSano compare to a laboratory analysis?
To derive the nutrition facts of a meal, there are two ways to do this. The more traditional approach is a chemical analysis performed in a lab where food is incinerated and tested for its nutrient content. However, the results of this process are limited to that specific sample; unavoidable variations during preparation or ingredient variations cannot be accounted for. This also requires testing multiple samples to obtain an average, in turn making the process very costly – on average $800/dish.
The second type is called Theoretical Analysis which is the MenuSano method and is done via calculation by taking data from ingredients that have been previously chemically tested and scaling those nutrient values to match the amounts used in the final food product. Both the USDA, Health Canada, and the UK Government have compiled a database that includes nutritional information for ingredients commonly found in the Canadian and US diet. Not only is MenuSano the more affordable solution, but it is also the more flexible and accurate approach to calculating nutritional facts.
Can you do my nutrition analysis for me?
Yes, we do offer a "We Do It" service. The cost is $125 per label and includes:
- An excel report with a breakdown of the nutrition of each ingredient in your recipe(s).
- A PDF document with label, recipe, and recipe instructions
- A high resolution (300 dpi) nutrition fact label in JPG format with an optional ingredients list and allergen statement.
Learn more about our nutrition analysis service here.
What do I do if I have a question?
MenuSano was designed specifically for ease-of-use to anyone in the restaurant industry. However, if you have a question, please feel free to send us an email at email@example.com anytime or give us a call at 1.866.640.2345 Monday to Friday 9 am - 5 pm EST. We’d be happy to help.